Originally posted by marq08:
    I have not encountered any problems throwing smoke to counter them. Then again I have fast reflexes. Throwing knives work great, gun works ok, nd arial kill work great if you can plan them our well with tripwires from the other steal locations. Also jumping out of a haybale jumps through smoke.

The smart way to beat it. Is only have one person guarding the artifact. Anyone else who is playing defense should be guarding the escape routes on most maps.
    I guess your targets craft "cool down" or "range" instead of "activation time". The activation time will be 1.8 seconds if they do so. Theoretically, throwing smoke should be fast enough, but again it is challenging.

The throwing Knife is a more reliable deterrent than the hidden gun

Originally posted by hao.hfeng:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
    I try knives, but i think i'm throwing them too late.

Can knives disrupt or stop the teleport if the annimation's already started?
    I dont think so...Knife only cancels CHARGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wrong, knife cancels throwing smoke (not regular smoke), gun, charge, teleport. and throwing firecracker (again not regular firecrackers)

Originally posted by marq08: Also jumping out of a haybale jumps through smoke.
    This is no longer the case in ACR, FYI. If someone smokes near the haybale you will jump into the smoke and start coughing. The best counter to smoke teleport is ranged teleport, true story.

A lot of people (myself included) like to teleport INTO the Artifact circle to get past all defense, then smoke and bail towards their own base. The benefit of that strategy is they'll have a hard time reacting in time.

What I noticed is that tripwire bombs, which are in the middle of the circle, screw me up the most because I tend to teleport into the middle.

What you want to do is to make the enemy artifact carrier stop their teleport animation, by killing/roofing, kniving, smokebombing or gunning them. If all else fails, and you see the teleport coming, teleport yourself to cut them off^^

Originally posted by Nostalgie_CGN:
    A lot of people (myself included) like to teleport INTO the Artifact circle to get past all defense, then smoke and bail towards their own base. The benefit of that strategy is they'll have a hard time reacting in time.

What I noticed is that tripwire bombs, which are in the middle of the circle, screw me up the most because I tend to teleport into the middle.

What you want to do is to make the enemy artifact carrier stop their teleport animation, by killing/roofing, kniving, smokebombing or gunning them. If all else fails, and you see the teleport coming, teleport yourself to cut them off^^
    That only works against campers, otherwise you can be cut off very easily.

If I see someone teleporting, I head directly for their base. Most of the time I will not be able to catch them, but I am willing to accept that. I usually follow behind them and naked stun them as soon as they score the artifact.

Bonus tip: Don't ever start a chase with an artifact carrier unless you are 100% certain that you will be able to catch up to them and kill them. I have gotten so many free escapes this way; you don't want to be that guy who just gives away free escapes.

Vey03's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by AwkwardlyBruta:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hao.hfeng:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
    I try knives, but i think i'm throwing them too late.

Can knives disrupt or stop the teleport if the annimation's already started?
    I dont think so...Knife only cancels CHARGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wrong, knife cancels throwing smoke (not regular smoke), gun, charge, teleport. and throwing firecracker (again not regular firecrackers) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really? So it does cancel teleport? Hmm... will have to try... thanks.

Just watch which way they are facing...if i'm running AA, i usually have a full team anyway, and someone is almost always at their base...smoke teleport means skill is lacking, so counter that with intelligence...teleporting in is funny, though

obliviondoll's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by hao.hfeng:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marq08:
    I have not encountered any problems throwing smoke to counter them. Then again I have fast reflexes. Throwing knives work great, gun works ok, nd arial kill work great if you can plan them our well with tripwires from the other steal locations. Also jumping out of a haybale jumps through smoke.

The smart way to beat it. Is only have one person guarding the artifact. Anyone else who is playing defense should be guarding the escape routes on most maps.
    I guess your targets craft "cool down" or "range" instead of "activation time". The activation time will be 1.8 seconds if they do so. Theoretically, throwing smoke should be fast enough, but again it is challenging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Prepare to throw Smoke as soon as you see them dropping theirs? Should give you enough extra time to make the difference, yes?